Creativity in the Classroom
That's the name of the five page essay I just turned in about my personal beliefs on what creativity is and whether or not I believe it should be fostered in an elementary classroom.
That's right. An open-ended essay question that would accept "I don't believe creativity should be fostered in an elementary classroom" as a valid answer.
I think schools across America would be better served if we stopped asking teachers open-ended questions like this essay question and instead handed them a piece of paper that said "Should creativity be fostered in an elementary classroom? Check Yes or No."
And then every single person who checks "no" should be immediately dismissed from their teaching degree and then barred from ever teaching in any classroom in any capacity.
But....
Sigh...
I suppose my approach wouldn't be allowing for creativity at the collegiate level.
That's right. An open-ended essay question that would accept "I don't believe creativity should be fostered in an elementary classroom" as a valid answer.
I think schools across America would be better served if we stopped asking teachers open-ended questions like this essay question and instead handed them a piece of paper that said "Should creativity be fostered in an elementary classroom? Check Yes or No."
And then every single person who checks "no" should be immediately dismissed from their teaching degree and then barred from ever teaching in any classroom in any capacity.
But....
Sigh...
I suppose my approach wouldn't be allowing for creativity at the collegiate level.
1 Comments:
This comment has been removed by the author.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home