Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The Dark Hours

The dark hours are my time of peace and quiet - nothing moving except me and the mice.

This is my time to do as I please - without answering to anybody, entertaining anybody, stopping to change a diaper, or thinking about who's going to be hungry and when so I can time the trip to the grocery store for the least likely amount of clamoring and chaos...

My time to live a few hours of blissfully uncomplicated life.

Except tonight. Tonight I am laying beside the bed of our 5-year-old and typing as I keep him company while he struggles to go back to sleep. He sleeps worse than our 5-month-old does and I am reminded of all those nights after he was born that I spent walking and rocking him through his colic until the wee hours of the morning.

Since this is the second time he's been up since he's gone to bed, I'm beginning to wonder if this will be one of those nights that I am continually tag-teamed out of any sleep at all by the 5-year-old's fear of the dark, the 3-year-old's sleepwalking, and the 5-month-old's teething.

These things happen in three's right?

Sigh.

At least the 7-year-old and Papa are sleeping soundly and somebody in this house will get sleep tonight.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Girl, I love blogs! So this will be your online journal?

I'm sorry your're not getting any sleep but I see your mind is working overtime.

Love you bunches!

November 7, 2007 at 7:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I fogot to mention, that is one ugly mama you chose to represent you. :)

November 7, 2007 at 7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home