The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
The Good…
Our house is finally puke-free, and somehow I managed to escape the vomitous eruptions and came through the last week's hurling competition without having to participate in any of the events with my own intestinal spewings. Nobody had it for terribly long and they all got over it fairly quickly. I am in desperate need of towels, now, though and will likely need to dedicate an entire day just to washing towels and extra blankets.
The Bad…
I have come to a point in my life where I am willing to cast aside worry of what other people think of me, and am now feeling comfortable and confident enough to walk through life on my own path, in my own way – freely following who I am. But that's not the bad part, obviously. The bad part is that I am paying a price for doing so – a price I knew might have to paid, but it is still sad none-the-less. Sad, because there are some people who just a few years ago appreciated the beautiful person that I am that have started distancing themselves from me simply because they are getting to know more of me now that I am not hiding it. Which is really and truly sad, because the beautiful person they appreciated before didn't go anywhere – I am still that same person. But I am becoming an "untouchable" of sorts to some people.
The Ugly…
I am in the midst of a rather ugly email battle with a beloved friend. (Or rather, I am at the end of it, because we are not "speaking" to each other at the moment.) It was a thoughtful conversation that turned very bad somewhere along the way, and it happened with someone I never saw this happening with. She and I were very, very close – the kind of close in which you are both able to fully express yourself in (even contentiously) without being an asshole. And then this week, that fell apart as I read email after email that grew ever more assholish and insulting. And has culminated in nothing really, as she is no longer emailing me and I am no longer emailing her. I would like to think this is one of those instances of grave miscommunication thanks to our "wonderful" modern technology of printed words on a screen failing to properly convey tone and other expressions… Sadly, I really do think her tone came across loud and clear. And I don't know where to go from here…because it was really ugly.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home