Saturday, March 8, 2008

Freakish Wind Storm

A truly freakish wind storm just blew through here. It had been breezy and gusty today, but because our house is built into a hill that rises behind us in the North - we usually don't experience strong wind. I was on the phone with a friend when out of the blue I noticed it was getting tremendously windy. I noticed things flying by the windows and got a funny feeling so I hung up the phone (sorry to the friend!) and yelled for Tim to come quickly, and just like that I looked out the window to see poles and trees bending and got to watch our big, beautiful 50' pine tree uprooted like it was a dandelion.

I am incredibly sad. Our pine tree was a dear friend that provided hours of shelter and fun beneath it's beautiful bows....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home