Has it really been this long?
Has it really been over a month since I blogged? The days are just whirling past me the past few weeks, and I am struggling to find inspiration to simply get out of bed in the morning, yet alone post witty or entertaining blogs. My mantra is currently, "just a few more weeks....just a few more weeks....just a few more weeks....just a few more weeks...."
It's not a particularly insightful mantra, this I admit. Nor is it especially enlightening and encouraging. No, the goal of this mantra is simply to keep my head above water (and really, I'll settle for tipping my head back to keep just my nostrils above water) for the next few weeks until this crazy overlap of things in our life calms down.
In unrelated musings...
The weather is gorgeous - this is one of the times of year that I like best (followed closely by fall). This turning from a time that is tough for me to weather through in good spirits, into a time that makes my heart just swell and makes my voice just want to burst out in song and laughter, and makes my feet positively light and tippy-toed with glee.
~~~
I have come to the conclusion that I do not drink enough, and one of my current goals is to imbibe much more frequently. So this weekend I will stock up on spirits of all kinds - fruity wines, sparkling champagnes (these will go well with breakfast), an array of hard liquors and a drink-mixing recipe book to go with them.
~~~
My "wondering" of the day:
I wonder if all this alcohol will make it easier for me to cultivate this "great mind" of mine?
It's not a particularly insightful mantra, this I admit. Nor is it especially enlightening and encouraging. No, the goal of this mantra is simply to keep my head above water (and really, I'll settle for tipping my head back to keep just my nostrils above water) for the next few weeks until this crazy overlap of things in our life calms down.
In unrelated musings...
The weather is gorgeous - this is one of the times of year that I like best (followed closely by fall). This turning from a time that is tough for me to weather through in good spirits, into a time that makes my heart just swell and makes my voice just want to burst out in song and laughter, and makes my feet positively light and tippy-toed with glee.
~~~
I have come to the conclusion that I do not drink enough, and one of my current goals is to imbibe much more frequently. So this weekend I will stock up on spirits of all kinds - fruity wines, sparkling champagnes (these will go well with breakfast), an array of hard liquors and a drink-mixing recipe book to go with them.
~~~
My "wondering" of the day:
I wonder if all this alcohol will make it easier for me to cultivate this "great mind" of mine?
1 Comments:
I also don't drink enough. I tried indulging a bit more in Jan/Feb and the results were good. I also think it is time for girls night out. The kind that includes dancing (but not at a hotel club) and a designated driver.
Renita
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home