Monday, May 5, 2008

Don't Look, Don't See

I woke this morning with the intention of doing regular weekly maintenance cleaning. I looked around my tidy house and patted myself on the back as I determined that it merely needed minor things like sweeping, vacuuming, a basket of toys put away, etc.

And then I pulled the couch front...and was horrified to discover a shocking amount of hideous mess that I can't even find the words to describe, so I posted pics here for you to truly appreciate the utter pigsty that was hiding beneath my couch.

*WARNING*
It is not for the faint of heart, or the obsessively anal neat freaks.

Of course, I now have called into question what lies beneath every single piece of furniture in my house and have been overwhelmed by the urge to pull them all forward and clean like a mad woman...

But I don't have time this morning, so I will implement a new policy: Don't Look, Don't See. If I don't see it, it isn't there and I don't need to clean it.

This policy will go nicely with my existing policy of: Don't Listen, Don't Hear (the policy I use to avoid registering the whining and fighting in the car). As well as my policy of: Don't Touch, Don't Feel (where I don't walk around my kitchen barefoot so I won't feel how badly it needs to be mopped).

And even as I type, I am beginning to realize the broader implications of my new policy... Not only will I be able to avoid pulling every piece of furniture front to clean beneath it - I can avoid weeding in the flowerbeds by focusing on blooming petals instead of the ground, as well as vacuuming the car by keeping my eyes on the road (where they rightfully should be anyway).



1 Comments:

Blogger ADE ACE Mom said...

Karri

I love your policies! I think the will be going into effect at my house! The one about whinig & fighting will be first.

~T.

May 6, 2008 at 8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home